I’ve started up a bake club with my friends. It’s kind of like Fight Club, but without the violence (hopefully) and without Brad Pitt (unfortunately).
The aim is to meet once a month, everyone brings something they’ve baked and the recipe they used, then we all eat baked goods and swap recipes! There will of course also be mandatory drinking of pots of tea. We are in Ireland. It is a social gathering.
I even went so far as to come up with the Rules of Bake Club, slightly less violent than the Fight Club ones!
- 1st Rule: You do not talk about BAKE CLUB*.
- 2nd Rule: You DO NOT talk about BAKE CLUB.
- 3rd Rule: If someone says “stop, I can’t finish this slice” or goes limp the meal is over.
- 4th Rule: Only one girl to a slice.
- 5th Rule: One slice at a time.
- 6th Rule: No non tea drinkers, no fruity tea bags.
- 7th Rule: Cakes will be served as long as they have to.
- 8th Rule: If this is your first night at BAKE CLUB, you HAVE to bake.
First meeting of my newly formed Bake Club is Thursday 1st of March. Photos will be taken and I’ll write about how it goes! Fingers crossed!
*Technically I’m not talking about Bake Club, I’m blogging about it :-)…