It’s been absolutely Baltic the past week or so. Cold, dark evenings combined with the lingering healthy lifestyle promises made in January (and the recently purchased gym membership) have highlighted the importance of soup in my life!
I made a Butternut Squash soup the other night. It was warm, tasty and had the distinct smug factor of being healthy! At the end of the day it warmed me up, kept hunger at bay, possibly nipped my headcold in the bud and there was enough left for dinner the next night too. I’ve put the recipe I used below.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 onions
- 1 potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre stock (I used chicken)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the butternut squash, onions and potato
- Sweat the chopped vegetables in olive oil for 5 minutes
- Simmer the vegetables and stock for 20 minutes
- Blend well and season to taste