I made chocolate and raspberry brownies for work. I started out using a recipe from the BBC website but I’ve adapted it over the years, more due to availability of ingredients than anything else! The brownies look a lot better when they’re cut but I only have a picture of them in the tin! I’ve popped my recipe below!
- 400g milk chocolate
- 150g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 125g raspberries
- Melt 200g of the chocolate and all the butter in a plastic bowl over some hot water, mixing constantly. When the chocolate and butter have fully melted remove the bowl from the heat.
- Slowly stir the caster sugar into the mix.
- Add the eggs to the bowl one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Chop the other half of the chocolate and fold into the mixture in the bowl with the flour.
- Gently mix in the raspberries, being careful not to break them up.
- Pour the mix into an 8 inch baking tin, lined and greased.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 35-45 minutes.
You can keep some of the raspberries back to decorate them with, but I’m generally bringing them into work so the presentation falls by the wayside when I’m packing them into a lunchbox to transport them!