I love potatoes… If anything it proves my Irish-ness! Who needs a passport when you have a profound love of potatoes?
Potato and leek soup is one of my favourites. I love leaving the skins on the potatoes too, potato skins are the business! I’ve popped the recipe below!
Potato and Leek Soup
- Knob of butter
- 3 leeks
- 1 large onion
- 3 potatoes
- 1.6 litres of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Chop the leeks and onions and add to the melted butter. Cover the pot with a lid and leave the vegetables to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Dice the potatoes and add to the pot.
- Pour in the chicken stock and leave the pot to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup and taste. Add salt and pepper as required.