I’ve three exams to do before I can start getting into Christmas mode, I’ll have to be extra organised to get everything done on time! On the to do list is:
- Homemade Mixed Peel – a Ballymaloe recipe*
- Ballymaloe Homemade Christmas Mincemeat*
- My Nana’s Christmas pudding – according to my father it’s the best pudding recipe in the world 😛
- Christmas cake – make a fruit cake and decorate it!
- Gingerbread house
- Enough mince pies to feed a small army
*Ballymaloe recipes are all from the Ballymaloe Cookery Course book.
First thing I have to do though is buy a load of jam jars! I’ll need to store the mixed peel and mincemeat. Plus the mincemeat has to mature for two weeks to be at it’s best. Any jars I have left by Christmas I’ll give away as gifts!